20100212

Overreaction

I still miss Sienn. But I guess it's not the end of the world that I'm back here. Yesterday I went out on my swoop and took some images with my antique 2D camera (we're talking old-school stuff, but it still works). I almost got caught up in this sandstorm, but managed to blow out of there before sand caked in my air intake. I had to do a story on swoop racers once, and I remember one biker had left his ride out in his yard when a big sandstorm blew through. He cleaned his bike off, but he forgot to blow all of the sand out of the intakes. He didn't know it, but the sand had mixed with the hydraulic fluid and made it coarse enough that it wouldn't flow properly. His stabilizers froze up half way through Beggar's Canyon. You can probably figure out the rest for yourself; I won't insult your intelligence.

Here's a picture of my house:











And my neighbourhood. This is Ento. He's gotta work on his vaporator, so he's setting up a little shelter:














And just a random shot down the street.












But here's one of Tatooine's saving graces: Beautiful shots at night where you can see the entire galaxy.











Oh, so all those messages? Three each were from Callie and Sienn. :) Made my month. The rest of them were a smorgasbord of work, friends, and drunk dials, mostly from Ernie (don't think I've mentioned him yet, but he's a geologist from Coruscant...he goes out in the Jundland Wastes and collects rock and soil samples to try and figure out the history of this place, hopefully to find out what the planet was like before it was a massive desert).

I've just now been sitting here for the last 30 minutes trying to think of what else to share with you, but I've been coming up empty. I'm going down to the Traveler. Maybe I'll have something else to say later. Sienn is calling tonight, so at least I have something to look forward to. :)

JJK

No comments: